Rendering After Effects video

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Mac mini, 2014 with 8GB of RAM. I'm trying to export to QuickTime but it keeps failing. Is my Mac too old?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info about your project and its contents, render settings, what version of Ae and so on we can't tell you much. There can literalyl be a million reasons why your renders fail from simply running out of memory to a troublesome plug-in or settings somewhere. Just saying your machine would be too old would simply be unreasonable, though of course you shouldn't expect anything miraculous.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effect's latest release reccomends a minimum spec of 16GB unfortunately:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/after-effects/system-requirements.html#macos

It's probably possible to still get a render out, but I'd be tempted to render out an image sequence first.  This will mean each frame only needs to be rendered once.  If the render fails, you can pick up where it left off.  And by not making the final video file as you go, you're bypassing any resources required for compression.  Once you have the complete image sequence, AME or After Effects can stitch them together into a video - without having to process any effects.

You'll also want to make sure your media cache is empty - that always helps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines