• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering and Previewing issues in AE 22.6.0 Build 64

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone experience issues with rendering and previewing comps in their timeline? 
I do and it's quite frustrating. For instance my project:

• 1920 x 1080,  25 fps
  • 10.000 frames
  • video with avatar on greenscreen (which is keyed with effect)
  • Tekst element and some lines and shapes with very basic 2d effects. 

Previewing above does certainly not render more than 200 frames. Even in some cases (if memory isn't purged) not more than 10-20 frames. 

Rendering this file can take up to 2,5 hours easily. 

Some specs of my Laptop:

• Dell Precision 5560 purchased on 25-11-2021 so not even a year old
  • Windows 10 Pro 64x
  • 11th gen Core i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz
  • 32 GB Ram
  • Nvidia RTX A2000 GPU
  • After effects 22.6.0 with multi frame rendering unabled. 

I surely hope someone can help my preview and render te video's a lot faster since this makes working a lot more pleasant. In AE i have multi frame rendering checked with set to 10% CPU reserverd for other applications. 

TOPICS
How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi haroldlentink,

Thanks for writing in.

After Effects preview doesn't work like Premiere Pro or any other NLE. Here are more details on that: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-why-doesn-t-after-effects-preview-in-re...

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nishu, 

Thanks for the reply. I already new this. And of course understandable. But in the past my laptop would process the preview a lot faster in the past. And I did not change anything. So I believe that everything is set as default. Please find the image below. 

haroldlentink_0-1665570993560.png

Would you recommend changing the settings? As in this case it's quite difficult to time the animations to the audio if I can only preview these short parts of the total composition. And also, if the (short) previews would load a lot faster than it would be doable. But even previews of for instance 500 frames could take "a lot" of time rendering. While these 500 frames only represent 2-3 sentences make it hard to time al the animations. if I have to load the previews 10 times. And if I don't make the right adjustments straight away, even more preview loading. 

And also I still wonder why it takes such a long time to render the animation as well. For this I almost always use the AME. 2,5 - 3 hours rendering should not be a normal rendering time with such a laptop and a graphics card which supports hardware encoding. 

Kind regards 

Harold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines