• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering in AE: Effects

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to render effects instead of exporting the composition in After Effects?

TOPICS
Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you even mean? You need to explain what exactly you have in mind. Your post makes absolutely no sense, given that you already "render effects" whenever rendering a composition.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is, is it possible to render ONLY effects that I inserted into the composition, instead of pre-rendering the composition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're still not making any sense. How would you "render only effects"? Effects are algorithms/ code that process pixels and thjat processing is dependent on the host app. No pixels, no results. It's as plain as that. It might be more useful to explain what you are actually trying to do rather than dance around the issue. This conspicuously sounds like you somehow expect to convert all of AE's effects into another editable format so you can use it in another program or a web browser and tweak it interactively, which simply isn't how this works.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know how to explain this right now! What I'm saying is, CAN I FILL THE GREEN LINE WITHOUT HAVING TO WAIT FOR IT TO RENDER BY ITSELF!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would that even work? Your "green line" is your preview cache indicator. I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding how this works. It might be a good idea to step back and read the online help on some basics.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/previewing.html

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ohhhhh. Ok. I get it now. This site might help me with previewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to take a guess that you're asking about exporting the effect layers without the background plate.  This is possible if you export a video with an alpha channel.  From the render queue:

• click on the High Quality option.
  • choose the Quicktime format
  • In the format options, choose Apple ProRes 4444
  • In the channels, choose RGB + Alpha

helped.png

If this isn't what you're asking, then Mylenium is right, we'll need more to go on to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines