• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rendering plugin instance verification failed. (26::400)

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has suddenly started happening and I do not understand why. Projects that used to open just fine now show this popup message, which cannot be removed from the screen without force quitting after effects. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 7.41.57 AM.png

I have uninstalled after effects and reinstalled to no avail. I have not installed any third party plugins. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Nishu (support - has commented below) has fixed my problem...

Opening AE, selecting a comp layer > Got to COmposition > Composition Settings > 3D renderer and change it to Classic 3D.

I  did this for all layers, saved and quit AE.

Reopened - bingo!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to second this! I am getting it more and more frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gah, me too.

But only on one of my Macs, I've rolled back AE version, uninstalled, reinstalled. 

Any idea why it would work on my MBP but not the Mini?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edd.G.,

Thank you for reaching out to support regarding this code:exclamation_mark:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. (26 :: 400). I do have plugins installed but since OP doesn't, that's probably not the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this prompt every time I open a project file. Never happened before, showed up right after updating to the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I reached out to the engineers regarding this. They are looking for the following details so that we can get to the root cause:

1. Is there anything specific that triggers the error or anything common in the projects that are having this issue? For example - any effect, plug-in, or does the projects contain 3d layers?
  2. A simple project that repeats the problem.
  3. After Effects log file. Here's how to collect it:
  • In After Effects, choose Help > Enable Logging
  • Restart After Effects and open your project that exhibits the problem
  • After you have successfully replicated the problem, choose Help > Reveal Logging File in After Effects. A bunch of folders will open revealing different kinds of After Effects logs
  • Look for the latest After Effects Log and share. Feel free to use any cloud service and share the download link.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do we send the error log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share them here or feel free to DM me.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetins Nishu, 

Please see the attached. I did as you instructed and generated the log. I've been receiving the same message whenever I open a project file. I've been working with Ae since Saturday, so I was thinking it was because the tutorial files I'm working with are older. But I see others are receiving the same message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the log file @Golden5D2D 

Did you use the Cinema 4D renderer in the project? Do you have the Cinema 4D full version installed? If so, what's the version. Also, would you mind sharing the project file?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nishu,

No, I didn't use C4D, and I don't have the full version of it. I do think one one of the tutorials from Saturday including C4D rendering, but that was something that I applied while working, but I didn't save the changes I made to the file. 

I'll just pick any random file because no matter what the file, the warning pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back.

Does it happen with the PSD file as well?

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Yes, with all of the files that I open to use. However! - if I close a project and start a new one with a new file, the message doesn't pop up. But I have to keep Ae open and not close it out, just close the previous project and start on a new one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

If you are still experiencing the issue, please test the issue on the latest beta version of After Effects.

Please take a look at this article. if you wish to know more about updating to beta version: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangg. I just tested it on the Beta version and the issue still came up. Sorry man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that out @United7112327 

We'll share your feedback with the engineers.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu, does that mean I cannot use Cinema 4D Renderer anymore in this case? I am facing the same 26::400 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nishu,

Thank you and the engineers for giving us the solution. This rectified the situation for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nishu (support - has commented below) has fixed my problem...

Opening AE, selecting a comp layer > Got to COmposition > Composition Settings > 3D renderer and change it to Classic 3D.

I  did this for all layers, saved and quit AE.

Reopened - bingo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Edd! I just did it and there was no message at all. So, I guess if one chooses to use C4D it would be best to switch the renderer back to Classic before exiting to avoid the message/glitch. I don't know enough about Ae and the two choices to say what are the differences in regards to outcome anyway. But right now, I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But even if you do this, you won't be able to use Cinema 4D features😑

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't solve the issue, merely disables Cinema4D as a renderer. If you've used the 4D renderer in your comp, then you won't be able to export it.

Is there an actual solution other than disabling features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines