Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Rendering V18.1 b.38

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with rendering in the new version in AE and ME. I'm trying to render I have used RotoBrush on and the frames are frozen. I finally gave up trying to render a video from AE after 24 HOURS?! The kicker is it said it had 8 more hours to go. When this first started rendering AE said 4 hours. The video that I am trying to render is 1080, 30 fps, 4.5 minutes. This is the third time I've tried rendering this. No idea what is going on.

System Info

i9-10850k 3.6GHz. 10 Core

Nvidia RTX2070S

64GB RAM 2666MHz

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, neither do we. You have not provided any workflow details. I am working on a current comp that has more than 100 layers. 6 of them required Rotobrush but I almost always pre-compose the footage I'm going to roto, freeze Rotobrush, then Pre-render and replace the footage because even frozen, Rotobrush is a resource hog and it can be buggy. This comp will probably take about two or three minutes a frame to render. 

Just before that, I produced a comp that has 1 rotobrush layer and I just rendered the comp. It rendered at the rate of about 8 frames per second. 

Let us know what is going on, what version and build of AE you are using, and maybe we can come up with some suggestions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rick Gerard .You can find the version and build number in the subject line. In fact nearly all the info was provided in my post but happy to share again. 

Adobe After Effects, V18.1 b.38. The project has one video that is 4.5 minutes in length pre-rendered from 4k 60fps to 1080 30fps using rotobrush 2 (This translates to about 7000 frames). The only pieces of info that I left out is that there is a static PNG replacing the background and I used Color Match to make the video look similar to the background. 

I do understand that RB2 is a resource hog, but I am also reading in the forums that rendering time in AE & ME, in recent updates, has increased significantly for no reason. I am experiencing this as well. Originally the render calculated about 4 hours for render. I have observed that the farther into the render that it gets the slower the render goes. I come back in 4 hours it says  25% , 4 hours left. I come back in another 4 hours it says 50%, 8 hours left. I come back the next day after 24 hours and it says 75%,  8 hours left. I don't understand why the process slows the farther in it gets. While I don't have the fastest computer on the planet, I do have a decent build. Approaching 2 days to render a single 1080 video seems absurd, even when using a resource hound like RB2. Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines