Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replicate Wiggly Selector on text layers

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wiggli.jpg

So, I`m working with text animation. I have managed to make this sort of text rig that look just fine, with some duplicated layers and most of properties parented to the "MAIN TEXT" layer witch I use to animate and update the text.

My goal is to give it a Stop motion look, so I am trying to generate a "wiggly" property to the position in the source layer. But due that is a random expression, if I copy and paste the wiggli expression to the COLOUR and THICKNESS layers, every layer gives me a different position, and the rig breaks...

The "wiggly" look its very important, so I am wondering if there is any way that I could replicate the wiggle in two diferent layers. Or else, if I could use some expression like "noise" but it has to affect every character randomly. That would give me the desire look.

Thankyou!
J.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set the randome seed in the selector to anything but the default 0 it wil lalready behave the same on every layer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did try it! 
but it does not behave like a wiggle, it gives me random values every frame right? 
Wish I could make it behave like a wiggle for every character, and also be able to parent the position of the other layers to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe I misunderstand, but why not simply apply a wiggle() to the position animator then? Or more specifically use multiple position animators with different wiggle() settings and combine them using add/ subtract/ intersect.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines