• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replicating After Effects sequence horizontally multiple times

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me show you the display that I am making a design for. I am not sure how to communicate the question I am needing answers for.

nhl-15-tampa-bay-times-forum.jpg

I have created a sequence in after effects that is 1/12th of the horizontal length of this 'ring'

Test.jpeg

I am attempting to replicate this horizontally like so...

Repeat.jpg

Is this possible? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Hi

Are you looking to make am AE comp the full width with the replicated comp?

Let's say you main element is 1000 pixels wide. You can make a comp that is 12,000 pixels wide. Drop the 1000px comp into the new 12000px comp and use the CC Repetile effect under the Stylize menu to replicate that image all the way across left and right. See attached screen grab.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 1.47.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you looking to make am AE comp the full width with the replicated comp?

Let's say you main element is 1000 pixels wide. You can make a comp that is 12,000 pixels wide. Drop the 1000px comp into the new 12000px comp and use the CC Repetile effect under the Stylize menu to replicate that image all the way across left and right. See attached screen grab.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 1.47.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to ask your client about what they need. I know absolutely nothing about this, but I would assume the output device for this kind of display does the tiling for you. I imagine there is a base tile pixel resolution that repeats around the display.

But again I know nothing and you could probably get a better solid answer from the client

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is what I am looking for. I will report back. But yes. I created one sequence that I need to mirror multiple times in either the left or right horizontal direction to where it connects on this ring shaped display.

Thank you I feel good about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're a genius. Thank you so much for your patience and help. This is saving my life. You'll see me in here more often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines