Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset Lights to default

Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, 

sorry if this is a dumb question, but when I make a new light in my comp, it's starting with the settings for the last light I created. (and it's not like I don't see the value of that, but I don't always want it)

How do I tell the light to just be a normal default light?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a new comp, a new solid, a new text layer, a new camera, a new light, a new adjustment layer all remember the last settings you used the last time you created new. 

I routinely just add lights then press "aa" to reveal all of the light properties. You can drag a selection around the ones that you want to adjust. I don't know of any way to reset a light to the default settings so UU on a new light wouldn't show you anything, but it would be a good feature request. New Ambient light is about the only light I edit when I create it. I find it faster and easier to edit lights in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, I just lasso'd all the properties in the light and selected 'Reset' from the right click menu and that did the trick just fine.

guess I was just having a brain fart when posting the question earlier. 

Though it would be nice to just have a reset button on the lights so it's glaringly obvious. (Ha, glaringly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for coming back and posting the solution. So many people just post problems. You helped me (and I'm sure others too.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The lasso/reset worked perfectly. I also took a screen shot of the default settings and will keep them in a folder on the desktop in case I just want to reset one or a few properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save these as Animation Presets, ffx.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Did you try the suggestions provided by the experts above? Did it help?

Looking forward for an update. 🙂

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines