Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Design - Preserve Timing for Looping Animation

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is there any possible way to preserve the timing of an infinite looping animation for mogrts? I have a composition that I has a looping background and I want to export it as a mogrt so that when the mogrt is time-stretched in Adobe Premiere, the timing of the looping background animation won't be affected. I only see people using protected regions with responsive design, which only preserves the timing of finite animations such as animates on/off, etc. but nothing on loops.

Any solutions or scripts/expressions suggestions would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can think of is to make a really long looping background animation, which you'd crop.  It's the time stretching that throws me here. 

In theory, if your loop is time-based, like a fractal noise with the evolution set to time*100, then that should always work, but when you time stretch it in a precomp, I'm not sure what would happen.  Can you pass the mogrt's duration from the parent timeline into the mogrt?  If you can, then you could control the final end animation via that instead of using an outro protected region.  Your Mogrt wouldn't be time stretched, just cropped to length and the loops would be unaffected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stretching time changes the timing. If you have a looping animation and you create a mogrt, the easiest thing to do is to duplicate the mogrt as many times as you need to in the Premiere Sequence. The Protected region keeps the timing of that region from changing. The unprotected region's timing changes. There is nothing I know of that you can do to change that behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines