• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Return the 4 views - left menu from the switch view layout.

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using the 2023 version of After Effects not too long time ago.

Before that, I keep using the 2019 version.

The reason is that the left item is missing from the switch view item, so I can't use the upper version anymore.

When I usually work in 3D, I used to choose 4view - left.

I have no choice but to use the 2023 version, but I don't have a left view item, so it's very inconvenient to work on it.

Can't you give this back???

Please give it back.
This is stressing me out.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Import and export , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a choice of the number of views, and each panel can be set to any view you want by right-clicking inside the comp panel and selecting the view you want. 

RickGerard_1-1680702538776.png

The view options are also available in the View Menu.

If you have a 3D layer, the view options show up in the bottom right corner of the Main Composition Panel as well as the dropdown choices for each panel.

RickGerard_2-1680702595684.png

Left is still available as an option in the Menu, by right-clicking, and in the dropdown. If you are not seeing left anywhere, try resetting your preferences by holding down Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd the next time you start After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Titanuim_0-1682296032313.png

Where is it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those multiple-view options with three views stacked or in a row have been gone for a few versions of AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesnt make any sense...
Maybe they will add it in the future and present it as  a "New and Incredible feature!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines