• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverse text animate

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just like to reverse the direction of the "Fade out slow" under "Animate Out" in the Animation presets.

Right now the fading starts from left to right, but I'd like the text to start fading from right to left. I played with "Start" "End" & "Offset" but still can't do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Expand the "Advanced" option and change the "Mode" parameter from "Add" to "Subtract".

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried time reversing the keyframes? Select them and go to Animation > Keyframe Assistants > Time Reverse Keyframes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you said but it fades-in the text from right to left. I'd like it to fade-out from right to left. When I did what you suggested, the text wasn't showing to begin with and as it played towards the end, it faded-in the text from right to left. I'd like to keep the text showing at the start and as the animation preset suggests, for the text to fade out at the end but from right to left, instead of it's default left-to-right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand the "Advanced" option and change the "Mode" parameter from "Add" to "Subtract".

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked. First I had to do the steps theangietaylor​ said, and then do the step you added to get the result. Thank you both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi warren!

Where is the advanced option?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Advanced option is located inside the Range Selector.

So, if you have a Text Layer with Animator 1 applied, you'd find it here:

Text  > Animator 1 > Range Selector 1 > Advanced

For someone who's new to working with Text Animation in AE, it's probably worth pointing out that Animators and Range Selectors need to be added to a Text Layer by the user.  When using the Animate Pop-up menu located in the same row as the Text parameter, After Effects will add a Range Selector by default.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.09.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I works but when the text be a paragraph (multiple lines) the animate will start from bottom to top .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use the same function if i want text appears from the left to right and disappear from the right to left? Or i need to copy this layer and use Subtract Mode? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood what you wanted to do, funnily enough Warren has kindly added the extra step you need 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi warren!

Where is the advanced option?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there. just starting to use the program. i don't see a advanced optioo or as stated above the animator 1 optio. because i am using a vector not a text tool. how do i change the direction of the animation in this cases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines