• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revert After Effects back to 2021 version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to revert my installation of Adobe After Effects back to the 2021 version, as I cannot open the new version. I can see that it used to be possible to do this through the Creative Cloud Desktop app, but the option seems to have been removed. Is there still a way to do this? Is there a trustworthy website where I can download this older version? I do not like that I am paying monthly for software that Adobe has effectively disabled out from under me.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still possible in the CC app.. click the three dots next to your After Effects installation in the section of installed apps and install a version that begins with 18 (18.x)

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jqke, when I click on those dots, I am not given the option to install previous versions. There is only "uninstall" and "learn more." "Learn more." I can get to a page from "learn more" that has old version of other Adobe software, such as acrobat, but older versions of After Effects are not available there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jqke_0-1657466872230.png

It's there for me.. can you send a screenshot?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/previous-versions-of-apps-no-longer-appe...

In this thread someone said to check if "Show Older Versions" is checked or not.. this didn't impact anything for me but it might work for you. Also you can easily just download older versions at https://prodesigntools.com/

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

creepyeyes_0-1657467137303.png

creepyeyes_1-1657467195855.png

It's looking like I will have to try and find the after effects download off of prodesigntools then. Thank you for that link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah. Looks like you're using an old version of the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Go to Help > Adobe Creative Cloud and send us a screenshot. If it's not version 4.7, then update. Help > Check for Updates or just uninstall the desktop app and reinstall https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud 

Jqke_0-1657468424137.png

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jqke, are you sure 4.7 is the most recent? According to the file info I am on 5.2.1.441, and some googling seems to indicate the most recent is actually 5.6.5

creepyeyes_0-1657472027002.pngcreepyeyes_1-1657472038520.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha yeah, I apologize! It's 5.7.1.1, I was looking at the wrong number. Anyways I can tell you have a different version because the tabs at the top are supposed to go "Apps, Files, Discover, Stock & Marketplace" but the ones you have are different (I've seen them in previous versions).

Looking at other screenshots of 5.2, the interface (including the top buttons) I believe is different. Have you tried uninstalling the creative cloud desktop app and installing the very most recent one, or just updating it? 

JqkeFX_0-1657477870443.png

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try and report back. If you want to hear something crazy - I did manage to download an older version of After Effects from the website listed. (It was actually newer than the version I was using, believe it or not) and installing it solved the problem I was having. Until I closed it, went to the grocery store, came back, and now I can't open that version either D:

Well, maybe I can try freshly installing After Effects every time I want to use it 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dang, Try updating, if not working, ProDesignTools is great for downloading older versions. What version of AE were you using?

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines