• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush crashes immediately on AE 22.5, works fine on previous versions

Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to AE 22.5, I can no longer use Roto Brush. As soon as I try to propagate the first frame, I get a message about loading Adobe Sensei and then nothing: the program eventually freezes and I have to force quit. This is on Windows 11.

I keep previous versions of AE - 17 and 18 - on the same computer. These two let me use Roto Brush just fine, no problem.

Has anybody else experienced this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still don't have a Known Issues section for version 22.5 of Ae but apparently something is happening with this version that I'm reading several issue. As a suggestion, continue to use any older version that is functional until updates are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alidabbs,

Sorry to hear that.

I haven't seen Roto Brush crashing specifically on 22.5 but I'd love to investigate. Would you mind sharing the following details:

• What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)?
  • Do you see any error message or crash report?
  • Are there any third-party plug-ins installed?
  • Does it happen on a new project as well?

Also, please try resetting the preferences as basic maintenance.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu.

Intel Core i7-10710U 1.10GHz

Intel UHD Graohics 1GB

16GB RAM

That's quite a modest spec isn't it? But I noticed that if I try Roto Brush on my better-specified M1 Max MacBook (64GB RAM), it will also freeze up badly unless I am running my display (internal or external) at a native Retina resolution.

I get the feeling that the latest release of After Effects is doing something funny with the graphics hardware that it didn't do in previous versions. If I run an AE 22.5 training course through GoTo, for example, GoTo keeps bombing out or freezing up - on both Windows and Mac - which it never did with previous versions of AE running. GoTo support is tearing out their hair but the solution is simple: I train using AE version 18 instead, and have no problems.

Cheers,

Alistair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I noticed that the issue occurs just with 29.94/29.97 fps, not with 30 fps. Hope this can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. Hanging in a deadline, crashing roto is just the problem I need now. As always, Adobe does not react or suggest any solutions. And the problem is more than 6 months old. Do you care for your customers at all?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines