Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush propagating every frame in CC2020

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been running into this really frustrating behaviour with the roto brush recently.

Basically I can only do one or two actions before the entire timeline re-propagates. It used to be that it would only propagate the frames after the stroke keyframe (in the direction of propagation), allowing you to iterate along the timeline easily. This current behaviour is unworkably slow. Any idea why it's doing this?

• Archie •

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beleive there is a known bug that still hasn't been fixed. Regardless, I think your footage would still be problematic and not necessarily propagate more favorably. Perhaps you might want to explore methods liek tracking masks - with or without mocha.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it's propagating fine - just very, very tediously.

Is it a project by project bug? I've never seen it before.

The mocha track isn't going great as the reason I'm having to mask these windows out is they're extremely reflective. The tracker gets all kinds of confused. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to mask every window in Mocha, you just have to grab one of the corners, then add another spline to the layer and grab another corner or two, then run the track.

If this were my shot this is how I would set up a track for the building:

Screenshot_2020-03-26 11.35.38_cKT0kN.png

This will give you a clean track of the building very quickly.

Screenshot_2020-03-26 11.40.30_Whc13z.png

If the goal is to separate the building from the background then a second simple spline linked to the track (layer 1) can be created in just a few minutes. 

I don't know what your design goals are but Rotobrush would be my last choice for creating a matte for anything I see in this shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tracking is the problem. I'm trying to get a clean 3D camera track of this shot coming out of the balcony doors. The glass reflections on the opposite buildings are throwing it off massively, so I need to mask out all of the glass. Linked mattes in mocha might be a good shout, but it still doesn't explain why the roto brush is behaving this way. Would be good to find a solution for future google searches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is the Roto brush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey uhm I have been facing the same problem 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was happening to me and I realized one of my layers accidentally had the fx turned on. When I turned it off, it stopped propogating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you take the FX off of your layer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just turn off the "fx" and turn it back on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem tofind that FX button, is it available in CS5.5?

Do I need to be in the composito or layer mode?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! THANKS A LOT! This is the answer. 

Im sitting here since days, and now Im back what you can call a work FLOW. 

Your answer should be pinned!

Thumbs up bro! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE -

instead of eight tracking features/methods with sub-par performance...

how about ONE tracking feature with ok or even just predictable performance!?

I mean, you're not designing a version of a douchey guy that can fake his way through a bunch of first dates - ya know by seeming to know a little about a lot of different things... having the information not cuz the subject is important to him, but becuz it might just get him  laid? ..... wait . sh*t.. you sort of are doing that. aren't you??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines