• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush Refine Edge „slides" clockwise

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of rotosoping people shot on a white background in After Effects using Roto Brush and Refine Edge.

It happens again and again that the head/haur silhouette defined with Refine Edge slides clockwise to the right as the clips progress, this phenomenon occurs basically on all shots I'm working on, forcing me to readjust the Edge x times for 1 clip although people are mostly stationary.

Examples attached: start & end
01.png02.png
03.png04.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll likely get a better matte using Luma Matte Generation/Extraction techniques with the Levels effect.
1) View the shot's individual color channels individually to detect the color channel with the most contrast between the foreground and background. 
2) Apply the Shift Channels effect and set the Take Alpha From parameter to the color channel determined in the previous step
3) Apply the Levels (Individual Controls) Effect  and set the Channel parameter to Alpha
4) In the Alpha section, adjust Alpha Input Black & Input White to obtain a good matte. 
If there are areas within the foreground boundary that is getting exposed with the adjustments made in Step 4, use a Mask to recover the area. 
HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines