• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto brush taking too long to propagate and freeze a 1/5 second clip

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've been having this issue many times when trying to freeze and propagate a finished roto brushed layer in a composition.

It takes up to 8h to finish and it constantly gets stuck and lags on every percent and it annoys me.

It wastes me so much time and i don't know how to fix it. Also the preview window completely went gray when propagating the layer and i can't see it. Propagating is very slow and it takes about 20-30 minutes to propagate a single frame and that can take ages to finish it all so if anyone knows a solution for this and how to possibly make it faster, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

propagating issue.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

roll back your AE version to 18.1 this fixed my roto issues same ones youre having. i couldnt do any roto without freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roll back your AE version to 18.1 this fixed my roto issues same ones youre having. i couldnt do any roto without freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm gonna try it. Does the 18.1 version of After Effects have the Rotobrush 2.0 and can i import the project file from the version i'm cureently using? I'm using the 2021 version and i wonder if that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah 18.1 has roto 2.0 and best quality. Not sure if you can import from other project try it out and let us know so we can spread the word!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, it's going to take me 1 day to render 44s of rotobrushing. Looking for tutorials to improve workflow and reduce time. My computer is not that bad at all. It's a 2020 Dell XPS 8930 16gb. What's some advice or workflow that helps reduce time when freezing roto? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines