Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

roto brush tool does not outline

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

I have after effects 2017, i try to get my roto brush tool to outline a foreground figure [on its own layer] and the green line is visible and draws but when i let go of mouse, it just disappears and no outline is being made. What am i doing wrong? or what setting is not correct?

really appreciate some help, thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what setting is not correct?

you should first get familiar with Rotobrush before starting to use it since it's not intuitive  (like most of Ae). type rotobrush in the search field at the upper right corner of your Ae interface and get cracking.

if you still have questions, share some information about your software (version number), Os (same), setup, footage, composition - show some screenshots and specify the steps you take so we can better assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I've encountered something that seems like what you're describing is when I've forgotten to enable keyframing on my Mask Path prior to drawing with the Roto Brush. Perhaps that's what's happening?

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi EdieArt,

How terribly frustrating. Are you still having trouble with rotobrush? Did the experts' advice here help at all? Please let us know if it did or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines