Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush tool suddenly not working

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm new to After Effects and Rotoscoping in general.

My first time using the rotobrush tool, I had no issues. Once I got to my third project however, the brush worked perfectly fine on the first frame but stopped selecting anything at all on the subsequent frames. I tried changing the versions of the brush, messing around with the alpha layers at the bottom, restarting the program and my computer and nothing worked. My program is also up to date. I attached a video down below to show what I mean.

Has anybody encountered this problem and been able to solve it?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems perfectly fine within the logic the tool uses anjd given that you have not set any propagation spans. That's the real flaw here. You need to give it something to actually analyze srather than just placing new base frames. You may want to read the online help and check the respective settings in the effect. Outside that the usual things apply: Check your hardware acceleration, clear out caches, check the integrity of the source footage.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mylenium,

I managed to figure it out. It seemed to work fine again when I set the composition frame rate to the same as the footage. I'll look into propagation spans, that knowledge might be useful to have since I see myself using the tool a lot more in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines