• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotobrush 2.0 is crashing since Mac OS Big Sur version 11.5.1 update.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, 

I got a macbook air M1 with 16gb of ram, with after effect 18.4.0 update and Mac OS big sur 11.5.1 update . I have done all those update today. Before those update, Rotobrush 2.0 used to work just fine but since I have upgraded both after effect and Mac OS, rotobrush 2.0  keep crashing when I try to process my selection. I can select my subject but once I hit play to process the rotoscoping, After effect crashes. I tend to think it comes from The Mac Os update as I have tried to install the Beta Version of After effect, and a previous version ( After effect 17.XX and I still got the same result with rotobrush 2.0 . The Rotobrush 1.0 works fine but is very frustrating to use compared to the version 2.0.

Of corse, I have cleaned the media cache and set more memory etc. You someone have any Idea on how I could sort this out, I would be very grateful.  Did someone already experienced those kind of crash ?  Thank you very much.  Best Regards,

Manuelo

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted this three times today. Try rolling back one or two builds. Start in the Creative Cloud app and click here:

Screenshot_2021-07-25 22.05.18_VbhVjA.png

Then choose a version.

Screenshot_2021-07-25 22.05.43_hBI89S.png

It will take about 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick, 

Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, rolling back to previous a build did not fix the issue. I still got the same exact crash, once I hit play to process the selection. It instantly close after effect. I have rolled back to 18.1.  Did it work for you ? Have you got a similar M1 setup like me ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to 18.1.....Rotoscope is broken for a lot of people and its not on adobes agenda to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jordan

Thank you very much for your answer. Same thing as Rick,  unfortunately, rolling back to previous a build did not fix the issue. I still got the same exact crash, once I hit play to process the selection. It instantly close after effect. I have rolled back to 18.1.  Did it work for you ? Have you got a similar M1 setup like me ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My appoligies as you have M1 mac. This fix seems to be for windows people. One thing that seems to happen with me is if i leave PR open when i dynamic link send to AE itll get glitchy. So from now on I save after i complete Roto(before freeze) then save after freeze....But the M1 chip is new and you may be experienceing bugs from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running an M1 Mac. I just ran some tests and it looks like it is the OSX 11.5 update that is causing the problem. I went all the way back to 17. Rotobrush instantly crashes. I'll let you know if I find a workaround. I did file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick, 

Ok, I was sure it was becuse of mac os 11.5 update. Thank you for reporting the bug file. I will follow the case then, as a I need it badly for an edit.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downgrade OSx to 11.2.3 and all be fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought i was the only one i have no solution im just waiting for a update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. M1 chip has caused me to have a ton of problems with premiere, after effects, and plugins like red giant and sapphire. Just waiting for an update as well at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 16GB Ram M1 Mac Mini and i have has the same exact issue for about 3-4 weeks now, AE instantly crashes when i try to go to the next frame with my rotobrush. I've tried downloading different versions of AE, wiped my computer, called Apple, Called Adobe, and still have no fix. Very Dissapointing! Please comment if there is a fix available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upgrade to MacOS Monterey Public Beta to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. But yesterday, I upgrade to MacOS Monterey Public Beta, the problem is fixed, I can use roto brush 2.0 on my Macbook Pro M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant risk a beta right now. Guess I'll have to stick with Mocha Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this keeps happening to me too! Very annoying, wish Adobe would fix it. Or mac, whoever the heck is in charge here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing same issue m1 mac mini......i think, adobe has to devlop another version for m1 and big sur......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use after effects (beta) for m1 mac.Rotoscope 2 works there perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines