• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotobrush 2 - Dramatic slowdown

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Rotobrush 2 for some 360º footage.

I select the object and hit space bar. Everything works as expected for the following 8-10 seconds of footage, then there is a dramatic slowdown. Like I'd go from processing several frames a second at the start of the process to a couple frames every few minutes. 

Note: I am using the VR comp editor presently.

Any way to speed this up? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than making sure that you are only using Rotobrush on the frames that are going into the final composition, making the Rotobrush layer the only layer in a comp, then rendering the layer after the matte has been created, or using procedural mattes or even some manual roto and masking to take care of part of the transparency, I do not know of very much you can do to speed up Rotobrush. 

You might try an earlier version of AE. Some users are reporting problems with Rotobrush in the latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's the conclusion I'm arriving at. I think with my current system I'm just limited to doing 6-8 second sections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even with my most powerful system my average comp is one shot under seven seconds. Worked on one recently that was just over 1 second. On rare occasions when I need a transition between shots I will put two shots in a comp. My animations are never longer than a phrase or a sentence. I do the editing in Premiere Pro. It sounds like more work but I get more done in a day than I could possibly get done if I tried to use AE as an NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines