• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RotoBrush 2 Freezing vs free phone app

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotobrush freezes on a 5 second clip. The areas that are selected to include are often or completly incapable of being selected without a glitch causing massive background to enter the scene. I've used FREE phone apps that remove all the perameters around the subject with ease, its not a classy or high tech phone doing it either. PLEASE FOCUS ON UPDATING ROTO, Im so sick of masking, masking, masking, masking. 100's of frames of masking, I dont want to make it 1000's. You guys make a ton of money on your subscriptions, please focus on this VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL. Fix it.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear about the issues with RotoBrush 2. If you don't already see a request for this, you might be better results posting feature requests here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/ - This is where the Adobe software teams look and user's requests. Feel free to post your request back to this page so that we can vote for it.

As far as trouble-shooting the RotoBrush 2, from my experience, I've had pretty good results if that is the only effect applied to a clip, even on my older Mac Mini. But once I stated adding other effects, it constantly had to re-run it's process with mixed results. It took forever! Do you by chance have other effects and things going on to that clip? In my case, I finally rendered the clip as ProRes, and imported it back into After Effects. It's not an ideal workflow, but it allowed me to get the job done by breaking things up that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your reply. Possibly its because I was using rotobrush 2.0 on full detail. I do not have other effects going simultaneously. I can try at a lower res. I'm Caucasian and the software seems to work well on me, however when I use rotobrush on African Ameicans, it picks up backgrounds, wrong linear curves, and won't include parts of the individual, no matter how many times I correct it. It will leave off an arm or an ear, and when I correct it, the software chooses background instead of the individual, or just wont let me correct it to include the actual portion of the individual not being picked up by rotobrush. The algorithm or whatever detecting software seems like it was not tested well on African Americans. Could you make a mode in rotobrush that allows the user to draw lines that go exactly where the individual intends them to go, instead of TRYING to correct with the software that move the line to the incorrect area? Like masking and rotobrush combined, with the OPTION to switch back and forth between actual and auto-detect. The freezing issue is more than likely because your team prefers MAC over windows (just my opinion) and there hasnt been enough software engineers to really care, just as you have explained to me about your mac. 

Looking forward to seeing a rotobrush update for Windows users. I'll re-subcribe when Adobe gets that together. 

Sincerely,

Sean Preslar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm to broke to afford the cancellation fee, so I'll still have this subcription until I can afford to cancel it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use Rotobrush Version 1.0 instead. Click anywhere on a new layer with the Rotobrush tool, press the Caps Lock key, switch to Rotobrush Version 1.0, release the Caps Lock, and then follow the recommended workflow for Rotobrush.

Trin your shot before you start so you are not wasting time on pixels that will never be in the final edit of your movie. After Effects is not a Video editing app so don't try and edit movies in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines