Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotobrush 2 "Unknown Exception"

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been trying to use Rotobrush 2.0 on 'best' settings but it doesn't propagate past around frame 100, an error message comes up "After Effects Error: Unknown Exception" Afterwards the playback source is a black screen.

I have tried emptying and relocating the Disk Cache, and using the 17.7 beta. I'm using 17.5.1. but have the exact same issue.

I had less of a problem using the standard version of rotobrush but the error still comes up sometimes.

All help is appreciated!

Intel® Core™ i7 6500U Processor

Windows 10 Home
LPDDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 8 GB
SATA3 - 256GB SSD
TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you properly set up the Span for Rotobrush in the Layer panel? How long is your clip? What is the frame rate? Does the clip frame rate match the comp frame rate? What is the frame size of your clip/comp? What are your Preferences/Memory? 8GB is barely adequate for HD comps and you need to have at least 2 to 4 GB for other applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legend Rick! You have helped me many times, thank you. I have more or less accepted that it's a RAM issue and have moved on with the less intensive method, the error message makes it ambiguous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following...

I'm having the same problem.  128GB RAM. 

i9, Win 10 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines