• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotobrush Help

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image that I want to roto that doesn't have much contrast so the brush isn't recognizing what to remove or add. Is there a way I can manually do this instead of having an automatic/smart selector?? In the future I might want to just roto something completely random and the smart tool won't be able to "detect" it so I need a manual option too.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. There are several ways from manually drawing masks however After Effects also comes with a program called Mocha AE. This might give you the idea:

Intro to Mocha AE CC - Adobe After Effects tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most efficient workflow depends entirely upon the clip. Sometimes all that is needed is some color correction, pre-composing, then running Rotobrush on the nested comp. I do that all the time. Sometimes the color correction is severe. 

Other times Mocha AE is the best choice. Sometimes you need to stabilize the thing that is moving, like someone's arm, so that it doesn't move, then do the roto, then put the motion back in the clip. Sometimes a simple Procedural Matte created from color or luminance channels is all that is required to fix problem areas. 

If you can share at least a sample of one of the most difficult frames we can make some meaningful suggestions. 

If you want to explore Mocha AE the very best resource to get started is on the Boris FX website under Mocha Escentials Training. I would start there instead of just searching for tutorials. The professionals give you much better suggestions and explain things better than most of the tutorials you find on the web.

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area works, but it is a pain for the forum users to access the photos. Please do not use it to share images. You can use the toolbar, drag your pictures to the reply field, or even copy and paste the file directly in the reply field, then size them up so we can easily see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! This helped a lot I appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines