Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Rotobrush tool crash After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

When I try to work with rotobrush, I make it on first frame and then when I push space or cmd + → to move forward, After effects just closed without any messages. 

I use Macbook M1 with lastest Bigsur. After effects 18.4. 
I also try to reinstall After effects, and I try 18.2 version. Still dont work. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021
The bug is caused by the IOS 11..15.1 updates. It is documented, bug reports are filed, and every available version of AE will crash immediately if you try and propagate Rotobrush. We will have to wait for an update. It may take a while. Premiere Pro, Audition, and a bunch of other Adobe apps are already Universal (M1 compliant) but After Effects, even AE Beta is still a universal app that needs to run under Rosetta. Most of the time, before I run an IOS update or a Windows update, I make a bo...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is caused by the IOS 11..15.1 updates. It is documented, bug reports are filed, and every available version of AE will crash immediately if you try and propagate Rotobrush. We will have to wait for an update. It may take a while. Premiere Pro, Audition, and a bunch of other Adobe apps are already Universal (M1 compliant) but After Effects, even AE Beta is still a universal app that needs to run under Rosetta.

Most of the time, before I run an IOS update or a Windows update, I make a bootable copy of my boot drive co I can roll back in a couple of minutes if there are problems. This was one time I got caught so my M1 Mac is useless for Rotobrush until an update fixes the bug caused by Apple "improving" security. It's a killed background process that causes the crash.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It there a way to turn off the OS function of killing background process that causes the crash??? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello sir, im on a macbook pro M1 but on ios 11.4, and still i have problems with rotoscoping. it doesn'tinstantly crash, but it's uncredibly slow, and it just sops after 2 to 5 seconds, is there a fox for that?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines