• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Round cap disappears in 3D

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm animating a stroke path in AE for a straight mouth to a smile. When the layer is set to 3D the rounded cap is removed on the first keyframe but not on the second. Any ideas why this is? Or is there a better way to create this smile effect?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 08.33.11.png

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 08.33.30.png

  

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

I cannot reproduce your problem. Try redoing the path from scratch with the layer already set to 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce your problem. Try redoing the path from scratch with the layer already set to 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick's suggestion would get you to the same place, but I think you may have accidentally created a closed path on the second keyframe. The 3D aspect shouldn't be a factor here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help. I remade the path which seemed to solve it. It didn't look like there was a closed path there but I do find paths trickier to use than in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines