Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running Content Aware Fill with Extended Script

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for a way to trigger the Generate Fill Feature of the new Content Aware Fill using extended script.

This is part of a larger workflow that is already largely automated and I would like to be able to trigger the content aware fill on a selected layer using my existing script.

I understand that there is unlikely to be a direct pretty call but have seen in photoshop that it is possible to implement custom actions and action descriptors. Is this also possible in After Effects?

Cheers

TOPICS
Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No and no. AE doesn't have an internal listener like PS, hence there cannot be such a thing as an actions palette or whatever. That aside, I don't even know how you would expect this to work on an abstract level, given that you have to define reference frames or reference areas with masks, anyway. Someone always has to look at the footage, anyway, so looking to automate this seems kind of missing the point. It's not like you could just fill in transparencies like in PS...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines