• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running slow with Mac Book Pro M1 Pro

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using After Effect and Mac for years. 6 days ago a bought the Mac, that should be running fast as hell. But it render relly bad in After Effects!

Rigt now I asked for the help by the Adobe chat, and all the set up in my computer is made by a person from Adobe chat, when he/her controlled my computer.

I hvae 16 ram on the machine, and 12 ram dedicated for just After Effect.

But when I play a simple voice-over sound file, with no image, the player is slowing down, as it has probles, and now power enough. 

I can only play i 1/4 quality with my animations, but with big problems. 

And yes.. My cache is empty!  All meterial is om my computer!

What to do?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Thamks. Are you running the Beta with no big issues? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current AE version is not Apple Silicon native. You can try the beta version that is currently available for Creative Cloud subscribers. Open your Creative CLoud desktop app, on the left side you have a column where you can find the available beta apps.

Also you can try to deactivate GPU acceleration on File > Project Settings, under the Video Rendering and Effects tab. Try to reduce the RAM amount assigned to AE in AE Preferences under the "Memory" category. 

Anyway, I'm running the current AE version on a M1 Pro Macbook Pro without any big issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thamks. Are you running the Beta with no big issues? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thanks" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! You have to press "Okey" about 50 times, about something that will not run in BETA, (It is a project I started in an older version and computer) 

But now it is working! I can play the sequence I´m working in..

PS

My computer was also slow with a very simple project in the  old version on my new computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I hope this helps, I was trying to rotoscope clips in premiere pre using the dynamic link, having big problems, I was getting warnings about the framerate,  I tried multiple methods that I found on youtube, and it still super laggy and i was left with a poorly rendered clip... Until i used this method! I first of all created a proxy for all my clips in premiere pro, then created a duplicate of the clip that i wanted to to rotoscope, then I turned off all the effects of the clip apart from motion i then nested the clip and proceeded to click replace clip with aftereffects composition... in after effects i chose the composition in the project window and created another proxy in after effects, then precomposed the clip, and after that rotoscoping worked seamlessly like in seconds it was done and i the chose to freeze it and went back to premiere pro and the clip was rotoscoped and working seamlessly... I'm on a 16gb M1 btw! I made a video and posted it on youtube hopefully this will help a lot of people from jumping through hoops or looking to upgrade their computer! https://youtu.be/izOS89KW4xI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines