Running slow with Mac Book Pro M1 Pro

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using After Effect and Mac for years. 6 days ago a bought the Mac, that should be running fast as hell. But it render relly bad in After Effects!

Rigt now I asked for the help by the Adobe chat, and all the set up in my computer is made by a person from Adobe chat, when he/her controlled my computer.

I hvae 16 ram on the machine, and 12 ram dedicated for just After Effect.

But when I play a simple voice-over sound file, with no image, the player is slowing down, as it has probles, and now power enough. 

I can only play i 1/4 quality with my animations, but with big problems. 

And yes.. My cache is empty!  All meterial is om my computer!

What to do?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022
Thamks. Are you running the Beta with no big issues? 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current AE version is not Apple Silicon native. You can try the beta version that is currently available for Creative Cloud subscribers. Open your Creative CLoud desktop app, on the left side you have a column where you can find the available beta apps.

Also you can try to deactivate GPU acceleration on File > Project Settings, under the Video Rendering and Effects tab. Try to reduce the RAM amount assigned to AE in AE Preferences under the "Memory" category. 

Anyway, I'm running the current AE version on a M1 Pro Macbook Pro without any big issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thamks. Are you running the Beta with no big issues? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thanks" 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! You have to press "Okey" about 50 times, about something that will not run in BETA, (It is a project I started in an older version and computer) 

But now it is working! I can play the sequence I´m working in..

PS

My computer was also slow with a very simple project in the  old version on my new computer!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines