• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saber plugin can't export in transparent mode

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was trying to export my video in transparent mode, have tried many ways,but it still turned out showing background colour. I did turn on the transparent mode in the saber render setting, video output chanel in rgb and alpha mode,no solid colour, so when i preview the video is in transparent mode, but when i export it , it showed my composition background colour. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the transparent grid in the Composition when you toggle the transparency grid in After Effects? 

Saber plugin can be exported with Alpha chnanel and it works fine for me when exported in Quicktime > Animation > RGB + Alpha. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I can see the transparent grid, I did exactly the same method as yours but couldn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific about what format you're exporting to?
Are you using any blending modes on the layer that has Saber applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not using any blending mode, I exported in different way, png work fine , is in transparent mode, not working when exported to quicktime, aftercodes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This and your other responses makes me think you might be trying to export into a format that doesn't actually support an alpha channel. If a PNG sequence works correctly, that means AE/Saber isn't the problem, it's the format you're choosing. 

If you can be extremely specific about what format & settings you're trying to export to, we can give you more precise help. "Quicktime" isn't enough, as there are hundreds of different flavors of Quicktime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to export to a video, so I can create GIF in photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied exactly the settings you're using (from what I can tell from your screenshots), and this works as expected, giving me an exported video file with alpha. Previewing it in a program capable of seeing the alpha channel (like AE or Photoshop) shows that's indeed the case. 

To clarify, is the gif creation step where you're actually having trouble maintaining the alpha channel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, after I tried to create a new AE document and import the previous composition and export , it finally ged rid of the background. but when i create gif by importing the video file, the final outcome still show a white border around, as shown in the attached image in canva . Is it because of the smoke effect? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gif doesn't really have the ability to handle transparency well. It's a 30+ year old format that probably should have died long ago. 😉 Essentially, pixels in a gif are either all the way on or all the way off, so anything like glow, smoke or similar effects that rely on partial transparency just aren't going to work well in this format, unfortunately.

Is Canva able to import an image sequence? That's the route I'd try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should change in the saber plugin option. Under "Render Settings" > change "Composite Settings" from "Black" to "Transparent".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a life saver .It Works perfectly fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific on where to find this settings. That would help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's actually as specific as one can get - it's exactly where they said it was. 🙂 

Screenshot 2022-03-25 092915.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines