• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As broken

Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to make the After Effects "Save As" work properly?

Every time I start a new comp the software insists that I save it with an old project from over a year ago.

This makes no sense.

How do I have it automatically an acceptable location?

Even when I click in Premiere "Replace with After Effects" it still insists that I save this with an old unrelated project.  I don't know what idiot programmed this, but it's really frustrating when it happens several times a week.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any system info or other technical details, so we can't really tell you much. Most of the time this is simply a permissions issue where AE will revert to a default folder when it can't access others, so start by checking that. Everything else will require much better info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's never happened to me.  I wonder if there's something in your preferences or if you're using a 3rd party script somewhere.  Do you have network/drive permissions for saving anywhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi defaultxtnyp286f668,

Thanks for writing in.

Where is this old saved - on a local location or external/server? Does it default to that particular location only while you're working on your current project or any project you try to save? Have you tried resetting the preferences of After Effects?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines