• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save stops working in After Effects 18.2.1 on macOS 11.4

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a repeating and critical issue, when save just stops woring in After Effects 18.2.1 on macOS 11.4:

- When I hit Cmd+S, it doesn't save (I still see an asterisk of unsaved file in the application bar, and file modified date is not changed since last save).

- When I use Save, Increment and Save, Save As, Sava a Copy... menu actions — they do nothing.

The same happens to some other functions related to file system, like Import — I see Import menu action active, but clicking it also does nothing, just as double clicking in the Project pane doesn't open import dialog.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost 30 minutes of work because I use Cmd+S intensively and couldn't even think that it does nothing: when I quit the application it prompted me to save my project, I clicked Save, and then reopened the app to see in the starting screen that my file was last saved 37 minutes ago.

Very disappointing. For app not saving your work — it's a critical or blocker issue. Please investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have this problem appearing: After Effects suddenly and with no visible signs stops executing any menu commands. I still can do editing in compositions, but nothing else works. The most critical part of it is that 'Save' stops working too, and depending on how far into editing I notice that, it always means loosing some work time.

Is there any Adobe representative here? Where can I report it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines