• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving from After Effects CC 2022 to an external drive issue under Monterey 12.3.1

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm encountering a problem today when trying to save an AEP (CC 2022) to a Seagate 8 TB external drive that is only half full.

I have run checks on the drive and made sure that it is writeable and I can drag a file from the desktop to the any folder on the external drive with no issues.

However, I am currently unable to save a project - any project, ie even a new one - to the drive since I get an error message each time - *see screen capture attached.

Please advise,

Regards,

Ravi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the After Effects forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you

I've followed the instructions in the link but the problem persists - permissions all seem to be as they should be, ie read/write, but I still can't save directly to the relevant drive folder.

"Wheel" appears to missing in the permissions list for the drive itself but is present for all the folders within the drive, however, since I have never made any changes to the permissions list for the drive or After Effects until today. I can't account for this.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines