• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling all layer styles at the same time?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a question about resizing a layer or a comp (with collapse transformations on) with layer styles - by default the layer styles will keep its original settings which will destroy the visuals if changing the scale of the layer.

Are there any functions to have all the layer styles automatically scale WITH the layer or comp (with collapse transformations on) when resizing? Or set a new scale for all the styles at once?

In Photoshop there is a Layerstyle -> Scale effects, which will scale all the layers styles at once. So if scaling the image let say 200% I can update all layerstyles with 200% as well and everything looks the same.

Does anything similar exsist in AE?

------

I'm trying to scale up old animations (with vector layers) for higher resolution, but to keep everything looking sharp when scaled up I need to collapse transformations on all nested comps - which changes the visuals of the layer styles. And recalculating and changing every setting for every style on every layer will not be possible.

Thanks for any suggestions. The simpler the better.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Nope, unfortunately not. Unless they were already rigged up with expressions, they won't respond to changes. That being the case, you best way to proceed is to modify them once, then copy & paste the modifications to other layers in bulk.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, unfortunately not. Unless they were already rigged up with expressions, they won't respond to changes. That being the case, you best way to proceed is to modify them once, then copy & paste the modifications to other layers in bulk.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I figured it was doomed from the start... the graphics are just too complicated to redo from ground up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines