Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling Composition

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community.

How, on earth, can I scale my file to 1080x1080? Using the scripting method and I can't figure out how to unlock the aspect ratio to achieve this.

Many thanks.

Donna

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, escalarlo al tamaño qu gustas (sin saber de que tamaño es tu video) haria (aparentemente) que el video se deforme.
Lo ideal y mas simple es desvincular la escala y hacerlo manualmente.
Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an animation that I need to resize for instagram. No video... but I was fraid this was the answer.

Crud.

Manual resizing is annoying.

Thank you for your time to answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it easily using the Script that I show you in the screenshot, you will change the size of the Composition without disproportionating the elements. But I don't know if what you want is to change the resolution of one of the axes while scaling everything. Anyway, there I leave you my suggestion.

Captura de pantalla 2021-12-08 a las 09.28.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Byron.

Yes, the scripting I understand. What a great tool. What I need to do though, is my new comp width and height must equal 1080 square, the size instagram requires.

There are also times I'll need to resize to 1200x628 for social media like LinkedIn and Twitter... but the script will only let me scale proprotionally to 1200x675. 

I'm looking for an override basically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok entiendo lo que necesitas. En After Effects no tenemos una herramienta tan maravillosa como el Auto-Reframe Sequence que sí tenemos en Premiere Pro, entonces debes hacerlo de manera manual ajustar los elementos en tu composición, como bien lo menciona Harold. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines