Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Development - Old AE versions/installers for testing

Explorer ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am currently developing a script for After Effects and was wondering where I can get installers for older versions of AE to the test the script with. Specifically I am looking for AE 2020 (17.0) and up for PC and MAC.

In the Creative Cloud App the oldest version one can download is 22.0. But all the new scripts and plugins at aescripts, for example, are sometimes compatible down to cs6. How do they test this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Christian

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just ask Adobe's customer support and ask for an offline installer of these older versions. I've done that a couple of times and they're quite quick to respond to you. You should have your installer within a couple of minutes.

For AE versions 2019 and below, you can also go to Pro Design Tools:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

As far as I understand it, the offerings on Pro Design Tools are semi-endorsed by Adobe (someone corrects me if I'm wrong), however, due to legal reasons, Adobe can't offer these versions officially anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Constatin,

thank you for your quick and helpful response! I will contact customer support then. 

I have stumbled upon Pro Design Tools but, as you already said, I could only find cc 2019 and below. 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines