Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to Zero Out Shape Path Transforms

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anybody got a little script that can zero out the anchor point and position here. If there were multiple paths under the same Shape Layer it would also zero them all (i.e. set them to the values shown). Just need a run and done kinda thing. 

2022-10-17_12-32-31.png

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, script  would go through all selected Shape Layers and zero out the Path Transforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of no such pre-made tool, but it sounds perfectly doable if you modify an existing script to reset all properties to their default value. Likely actually checking the property types would be more complicated than actually resetting the values. Anyway, I suggest you browse AEScripts.com if you can find something that may either be applicable directly or a basis for the modifications. Perhaps Dan Ebberts pops in later and will provide some code snippet.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I don't have the knowledge to be able to do this, aescripts doesn't have this. Anybody else able to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I don't know of a script to do it myself. If you haven't already you may want to check out aenhancers.com

They have a scripting library and might have one for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The closest option I can think of is to save a shape as a preset - with it already centred.  It's pretty easy to add from Effects & Presets and then you make changes, stack shapes etc...

It's a shame that we have "Center Anchor Point to Layer Content" but not "Center shape to Anchor Point" or words to that effect.  "Center in View" works nicely for non-shapes of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, hold on a second.  An animation preset can be as little as a single value.  I'll need to play with this more but I've just tried saving a shape's position as 0,0 and then applying it to another shape and it updated the position values.  So not a script, but it would be simple enough to select your shapes and double-click on the preset to apply such an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a clever suggestion. I'm sure this is scriptable though, just need someone with the know 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines