• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting .precompose() bug in CC 2022

Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE CC 2022 appears to have an issue with .precompose(). The precompose() method is called and fully executes precomposing and naming, but goes no further. In VSCode this is how it appears to behave, but ExtendScripts reveals an actual error:

Screenshot_18.png

The ExtendScript Error Reads: 

After Effects Error: bad tracked memory id

I noticed this error in AE v22.1.0, upgraded to 22.2.0, and the problem still persists. Is this just my computer or is this an AE-wide bug that will break all existing scripts that use .precompose()?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working fine for me in AE 22.2.0, so my guess is that it's a system/confguration issue or a bad install. Sorry, that's pretty vague, but I've never encountered that particular error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't say 100%, but try hovering on a project panel, instead of viewport. 

Just click anywhere in the layers stack. Blue stroke will appear around the panel. It might be "activeItem" you are referring to is not active 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comp is indeed active. The precompose method is running all the way through, precomposing my layers and naming them what I provide. The error is coming up after processing the method, and stopping the script completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Workin fine in 22.2.0 (Build 120) on Widnows on my end.

app.project.activeItem.layers.precompose([1,2,3], 'test', true);

Maybe try clearing prefs and re-installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines