• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrollbar not updating

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scrollbar for the effect controls panel does not update when I unhide some parameters.
So I have a checkbox parameter that unhides a group with a bunch of parameters inside. Once the group is unhidden and is shown expanded, I get a big list of parameters. The scrollbar however does not update accordingly, so I can't see all of the recently unhidden parameters.

This looks like a bug in AE, but is there any way to update the panel somehow so the size of the panel gets revaluated and the scroll updated?

TOPICS
SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

So... I found out I had this PF_ParamFlag_SKIP_REVEAL_WHEN_UNHIDDEN set to all my groups... I know I added this to fix some other issue, but I don't remember what exactly.

Removing it, fixed teh scroll problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is indeed an AE bug. pehaps if you set the twirly state of some param or your entire effect up and down it would force a refresh of the scroll bar? (just hypothesizing here...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fix for this I didn't mention because it introduces a different bug. If I call PF_UpdateParamUI right after unhiding the parameter, it will fix the scroll. However, the side effect is that any parameter that I unhide (if already visible), will expand to its "slider" mode.

I tried to fix the unwanted expansion by not changing the hidden stream flag if the parameter was already visible, but if I do this, the PF_UpdateParamUI has no effect on the scrollbar. 

I tried all the options of twirly and collapsed flags and found no way to fix these to issues at the same time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another guess:
if you hide and then unhide some parameter down the list, AE should scroll to it in the ECW. perhaps that would force the slider to appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it doesn't work... Is there a way to resize the panel? Because if I recize it the scroll updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not that i know of. how about PF_RefreshAllWindows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... I found out I had this PF_ParamFlag_SKIP_REVEAL_WHEN_UNHIDDEN set to all my groups... I know I added this to fix some other issue, but I don't remember what exactly.

Removing it, fixed teh scroll problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh well... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still a bug in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree. (still gonna mark your answer as correct though 🙂 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines