• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sections of green rendering with Prores 422 and 422 HQ

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting large sections of green when I rendering social (non standard) sizes using ProRes 422 and 422 HQ (see attached).  Has anyone else been seeing this or getting these results?  Does anyone have a solution? Thank You! 

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 10.37.54 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super quick... this is off of After Effects 22.5.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a good chance that one or more of your source footage files is a highly compressed MPEG file, and AE is having trouble decoding it. If that is the case, try transcoding the file to a frame-based production format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to deactivate hardware acceleration decoding for video files into After Effects Preferences. Go to Edit > Preferences > Import. Then, go to Edit > Purge > All memory and Disk cache. Restart After Effects and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Jose's solution doesn't work, try converting the file in either Media Encoder or VLC or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All!  First thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.  Sadly, even with everyone's expertise, I'm still getting variations of the same problem - even converting the file through Media Encoder etc.  What I eneded up doing was rendering the file cycling through the various ProRes encoding[s] (422, 422 HQ, LT 444 etc.) and one of them would end up giving me a proper image.  Sort of pain, but with deadlines looming I would've settled for anything that worked.  Once again, thank you all for taking the time the help - I really appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines