• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeing the inside of a cube when motion blur is enabled

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I decide to make a 3D cube using the 3D option and transform and animate it/add keyframes and enable motion blur, I can see the inside of the cube when I don't want to, but, when I turn motion blur off, everything is normal and I can't see the inside of the cube? Of course I would like to have motion blur on my cube but this is stopping me from doing so. I've even tried asking multipul people on this and they have no idea, any tips?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screenshot of your comp and timeline and we may be able to provide an answer.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a couple of options. First, because the Alpha Edges of the cube are antialiased, you are going to get some transparent pixels. Second, 3D layers in After Effects have no Z depth. They are not one pixel thick, they are zero pixels thick so you can't make a perfect seamless edge, but you can help it by setting the blend mode of every layer to Alpha Add. 

That trick may help with slow-moving layers, but if you want to block the see-through you have to create some chamfered corners with black layers at a 45* angle inside your cube. A little math and offsetting the anchor point can help you assemble this inside structure for your 3D layer cube to hide the edges. 

Another option is to pre-compose the cube and then add Pixel Motion Blur to the nested comp. You'll also have to copy any lights in the scene to the nested comp and make a duplicate camera in the Pre-comp that is tied by expressions to any camera movement in the Main comp because Collapsing Transformations will let the edges show through. 

A much simpler solution would be to make your Cube with shape layers, export the cube to C4D, and then use C4D lite to include the cube in the main comp. 

An even better solution is to invest in a 3rd party app like Element 3D from Video Copilot. That's my preferred solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines