Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selections from Photoshop to After Effects

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I'm SUPER new to After Effects. I created an image in Photoshop that I'm now looking to add a bit of animation to. I already made a bunch of selections in PS and I'm hoping to just carry those over to After Effects. Is this something I can do? I tried to copy and paste a work path, but I can't seem to make that work properly. 

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexrosshyner,

Thanks for writing in.

I was able to paste Work Path from Photoshop to After Effects as Mask. Would you mind sharing more details on what you're trying to achieve?

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying so quickly! 

It's highly likely I'm just not doing it correctly.

What I am trying to accomplish is a little complicated to type out, but I'll attach screenshots as well. In Adobe Premiere I was able to accomplish the effect I'm going for, but I can't seem to grasp how to proceed. The "animation" starts with the all blue sky and has the orange sky filling the space between the wires, moving from the center outward as seen in screenshots 1 - 4. I accomlished this by bringing in a layer of the all blue sky, then a layer of the same image but with a green-screen space where the orange sky goes. I keyed out the green space and put the orange sky between those layers and told Premiere to move the orange sky from left to right creating the effect.

My ultimate goal is to fill several of the spaces between the wires with skies moving in similar fashion. I'm a little stumped how to continue. I'm pretty good with photoshop, mediocre with Premiere, and completely new to After Effects.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selections must be converted to visible data by applying them as layer masks. AE has no ability to read custom channels/ saved selections. Converting the selections to paths might also be an option, but of course you loose precision and stuff liek semi-transparent selection areas.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines