• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence dimensions don't match Premiere Pro

Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's the issue. I'm trying to create a video for YouTube at 1080p resolution. The After Effects sequence is 1920x1080px as is Premiere but for some reason in Premiere it is much wider, the result being when I embed the After Effects sequence I get vertical letterboxing. It seems to only affect certain sequences. Why is there a huge mismatch? Square pixels?

P.s. I'm aware the image here outputs weirdly, the video output isn't compressed this way

Ignoring the weird aspect ratio in this output, note the black barsIgnoring the weird aspect ratio in this output, note the black bars

Fastertrack_1-1625492317063.png

Sequence in After Effects

Fastertrack_0-1625492278874.png

Sequence in Premiere

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Agreed. At the bottom of the comp window look for an icon with a double horizontal arrow and click that box. See if that helps.

And yes using videos with all square pixels or converting them to all square pixels will serve you well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, your pixel aspect ratio settings are wrong, in this case in Premiere. HD video is always square pixels, only some broadcast workflows and recording formats like XDCAM use non-square PAR, which is not relevant for YouTube however. Change your settings to enforce correct square-ishness all the way.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. At the bottom of the comp window look for an icon with a double horizontal arrow and click that box. See if that helps.

And yes using videos with all square pixels or converting them to all square pixels will serve you well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines