• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shadow Darkness

Guide ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tutorial explains about 2.5D. In this tutorial Shadow Darkness is 100% but there is no dark shadow on the text.  

After Effects for Beginners | FREE Mega Course

Time 2:28:13

Also in my file Shadow Darkness is 100% but there is a dark shadow on the text. What is the reason for that? Video is attached.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your composition is set to use the C4D rendering engine. Change it to Classic 3D and the shadows will appear. They are not supported using the C4D rendering option. If you open the comp settings (Ctrl/Cmnd + K) you will see the list of unsupported features when using the C4D option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this question is not clear enough. I will simplify it.

In my file Shadow Darkness is 100% therefore there is a dark shadow on the text. 

In the tutorial Shadow Darkness is 100% but there is no dark shadow on the text.

Also it is on Classic 3D mode

12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see anything wrong with your comp. I watched a couple of the chapters (lessons) in the video. I would give the tutorial about a C + because it leaves out a bunch of very important information and there seems to be very little in the way of explaining workflow or workspaces. The tutorial just leaves a little too much unsaid in that section.

Your shadows are dark because the falloff distance is big enough that the light is reaching the other layers, the diffusion is set to zero, and Cast Shadows is turned on with the text layers. 

This is a lot easier to visualize if you turn on Multiple views so you can see the alignment of the lights, layers, and camera. You can quickly find all modified properties of a layer by pressing the U key twice. It is also a lot easier to set up your lighting first by setting the falloff to none, line things up, then try a few different falloff settings. I would also consider adding some ambient light and place a 3D solid down as a floor so you can see how the shadows fall. 

You're not really looking at 2.5D animation either. To be accurate, 2.5D animation is the process of separating an image into foreground, middle ground and background elements then placing those elements in a 3D environment and moving a camera around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines