• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape Layer becomes invincible unless 3d is tuggled on.

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with multiple shape layers on my composition. One shape in particular need to rotate on it's axis, so I have to toggle the 3d Anchor on. In doing that, all the other shape layers become invincible. 

To make them visible again, I have to either toggle 3d on for all shape layers, or turn 3d off completely.

I just need the 3d anchor on just one shape layer, but it's either "all or nothing"

How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

My first guess is that you are not looking at the Active Camera view. None of the orthographic views (Top, Botto, Left, Right, Front, Back, Custom 1, 2 and 3) will display 2D layers. The only purpose of those views is to help you line up 3D layers in AE's 3D world. Only the Active Camera view will render.

If that does not solve the problem, we need to see your timeline with the modified properties of the problem layers revealed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is that you are not looking at the Active Camera view. None of the orthographic views (Top, Botto, Left, Right, Front, Back, Custom 1, 2 and 3) will display 2D layers. The only purpose of those views is to help you line up 3D layers in AE's 3D world. Only the Active Camera view will render.

If that does not solve the problem, we need to see your timeline with the modified properties of the problem layers revealed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. You are right. It was set to FRONT, instead of Active Camera.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines