• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape layer effects disappear when 3D-layer added. How to resolve?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anyone out there!

I´m building two horizontally flipping glass frames with revealing text on them. The frames are png-images. In order to make the frames texture look like "glass", I´ve created shape layer and adjustment layer for them, plus distorted the scale and given blurriness on adjustment layer. So, they look like "glass frames" alright on the background. However, I need both of them to flip horizontaly at the same time (text reveals later). Frames flip OK, but when using 3D-layer for flipping the blurred adjustment layer the scale- and blur -effects disappear. When I close the 3D-layer, I can get them back on sight. It looks like they won´t work together. Is there any other way to get around this? Or am I missing something? Basic 3D won´t do. Cannot move the anchor point. This has been a nightmare. I really would appreciate any good ideas or advice. Many thanks!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi simo5D2D,

Is that CINEMA 4D renderer used when you switch to 3D? Is that that cause of shape layer effects dissapearing? Several things are not supported in a CINEMA 4D composition. Have you tried precomposing the CINEMA 4D comps, and then having your other assets remain in the current comp? Does that get the job done for you? If I'm not understanding your questions, then we may need a screenshot to further illustrate your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines