• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes exporting to lottie in 2D (renderer is set to Cinema 4D)

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. 

1. I have a simple circle that has a geometry extrusion applied.
  2. The render engine is set to Cinema 4D.
  3. I have the disc rotating in a simple loop.
  4. When I export for Lottie (also with bodymovin) I get 2D shapes.. the extrude is lost from the export!

New user here, what am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

I'm no Lottie expert, but I think exporting an image sequence would really be your only viable solution here.

If you are looking for a more interactive solution for 3D design, you might check out a newer tool called Spline, which is purpose-built for exactly this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not how Lottie/ Bodymovin' works. Unless you tick the "use unsupported features" checkbox, which only would produce a sequence of images, it will only export shape layers, masks, solids, text, null objects with no frills or fancies. You may want to read up on what features are even supported natively. Even using the Cinema 4D renderer in the first place makes zero sense, given the limitations.

https://help.lottiefiles.com/hc/en-us/articles/4439877810841-Getting-Started

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you.  So you are saying I can't get a web-ready 3D animation out of AE?  I mean it is amazing to me as I have the animation complete.. but I can't get it out into a website in a logical way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need web-ready interactive 3D, then use tools that are made for this purpose. AE is not such a tool. It's a motion graphics/ compositing tool with limited 3D capabilities and the purpose of any such work is to merely create pixels to integrate into other pixels. You are simply using the wrong tool. Download Blender, Unreal Engine or any other commercial 3D program.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm no Lottie expert, but I think exporting an image sequence would really be your only viable solution here.

If you are looking for a more interactive solution for 3D design, you might check out a newer tool called Spline, which is purpose-built for exactly this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines