• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Short strokes with tablet pen in Animate and After Effects registering as dots.

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I seem to be having an issue with my Adobe Software. Basically, when and only when using my tablet's pen, I run into an issue where small strokes register as a dot when using the prush/paintbrush/pencil tool etc in Animate or After Effects. The same tool works as expected when used by the mouse. It seems I have to draw a specific distance from the point of contact with the stylus for it to register a stroke, initially drawing a straight line from the point of contact to the stylus's ending position. This would make sense if the distance required was tiny i suppose, when drawing a dot is intended by the user, but in Adobe Animate for example, if my stroke is any shorter than about an inch on screen, the stroke will register as a single dot. I do not have this issue with Photoshop, so I do not believe it is a hardware or driver issue but perhaps a compatibility issue with how Adobe handles stylus input when drawing differently than with mouse input? I'm looking for any kind of workaround what so ever.

I have Adobe CC 2018, all apps are up to date and running in Windows 10.

My tablet monitor is the MP 22" IPS FHD Graphic Pen Display.

Things I have already tried:

-disabling effects in Windows Pen and Ink Settings, including double click, hold to right click, etc.

-I've even gone into the registry editor a little to turn any extra pen features off manually and restarted my PC.

-browsing forums and searching on Google for days.

This was an issue since the beginning, it hadn't originally worked and somehow got messed up.

Here's a video showing the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

empirius  wrote

I do not have this issue with Photoshop,

If you are not having problems why are you asking about AE and Animate in this Photoshop Forum? there are forums for those products.

Adobe Animate CC - Home

After Effects

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the After Effects forum

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I must've been on the photoshop page by accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find out what it was? I'm having the same exact issue and this is the only report of this effect i can find. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines