• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut to climb through parent

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the toon boom there is a shortcut key (B) to climb through the layers linked with the parent, for example: Give a hand that is related to the arm, which is related to the body, you can move upwards from the selection of the hand on the arm with only the "B" key. Without after effects, can you do this?

TOPICS
Expressions , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short and simple: No.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the color of the layer and establish layer groups in the timeline. You can organize your parent-child layers by stacking them in order. My parent layer is almost always at the bottom or the top of a layer stack. You can also organize layers by properly naming them then reveal only the layers you want by using the timeline search bar. I do that a lot. For example, in this comp, I am adding some graphics to a day-for-night shot and I cannot keep all the graphic elements stacked on top of each other so I start each layer name with Left Window and I've set the layer group color to orange to make it easy to select them all.

timeline search.png

If all the components of the character you are animating started with the "Bob..." then you could easily isolate all of the body parts and the layers should be in order so the overlaps.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well remembered @Rick Gerard , but I already do that. I found the script that @Ali Jaber suggested very interesting, I think it is worth implementing it in my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The idea of using a shortcut as it is done in the toon boom is something much faster to move through the layers. I'm always looking for ways to be faster and shortcuts, are always welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find this script to be useful (paid script):
https://aescripts.com/squirrel/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines