Exit

Signature verification failed for extension

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.
Can't just run my test cep extention
I do everything according to the instructions.
I just take a test cep extention and put it along the path /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions
it appears in my window - extentions
i click on it but the extention doesn't run.
In the logs, this error "Signature verification failed for extension com.extension.testing.panel" Do I need to create a certificate, and use this certificate to sign all the files that are in my project?
Or somehow sign through ZXPSignCmd. I work on Mac OS. Couldn't find instructions. What am I doing wrong?
I ask for help

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Solved the problem like this
defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.11 PlayerDebugMode 1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the problem like this
defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.11 PlayerDebugMode 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will disable the need for code-signing on your machine. If you're distributing your tool to other users, you'll want to set up signing successfully.

Yes you need to make a cert first and use that to sign your panel. More info in the CEP Cookbook: 

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/blob/master/CEP_11.x/Documentation/CEP%2011.1%20HTML%20Ex...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's perfect for development, but as Justin said, you should properly sign the extension when distributing to others.
Also note that on some machines even properly signed extensions won't open properly (a CEP bug?). 
Using the aescripts ZXP installer you can then enable debug mode also using a convenient UI:

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only needed to create my product and test it. I'm not going to distribute yet.
I solved this issue, already played around. And I realized that I do not need CEP.
I'm writing C++ plugins and I need to figure out how to make interfaces with AEGP. I took the Panelator example, but I still don’t understand something. I read the documentation but didn't find anything. I'll probably write a separate thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupid question -- what exactly does that mean? How exactly does one implement this? Is there a file somewhere to set that in, or is it a Windows Registrty setting? Or I can set it via Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PlayerDebugMode is a registry setting on Windows, or a prefs file on Mac. Signing is required for machines without PlayerDebugMode on. More details in the CEP Cookbook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines