• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple projects taking 15 minutes to open

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue started last week for me. Every project I try and open up is taking  10-15 minutes to open and the projects are barely functional...won't playback or sometimes I can't see anything in the preview window. All of the projects I'm opening are very small and have always opened within a few seconds. I'm not receiving any errors. I'm only having long long project load times. 

I've done the following and have had zero success in remedying this problem: 

- Installed the previous 2 versions

- Upgraded to Big Sir

- Removed plugins, scripts, and presets

- Restarted 7 times

- Did a clean uninstall and install

- Purged my ram

I'm behind in all my projects for two days now. I don't have to do an entire clean OSX install on my laptop if I don't have to. Any help would be really really really appreciated.

After Effects Version: 18.2.1

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 64 GB

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x8

VRAM (Total): 8 GB

Vendor: AMD (0x1002)

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

OK! So after two days of trying to find why I can't open any of my projects I found the problem and fixed it! It turns out that a few weeks ago Chrome logged me out. This resulted in me having to log back into everything, including creative cloud. During this process a handful of my fonts were deactivated (I did not do this or know that it happened). When I opened my files it kept ask for the Poppins font. So I manually installed it on my computer....which apparently was the WRONG move. 

The rea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is going on in the project? Warp Stabilizer and Rotobrush can seriously bloat AEP files. Frame size and frame rate for the comp have a lot to do with how responsive the comp is. With only 8GB of ram, you are going to be limited. You could also be running out of drive space.

We need to know a lot more about your project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 8 gigs of VRAM, but 64 gigs of memory. 

Most of these projects I'm trying to open are animated text. I'm not using warp stablizer or rotobrush on any of these projects. This was an overnight change. I've never had trouble opening up files like this.

I've emptied my media and disk cache and database cache so many times today I lost count. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've migrated over to After Effects Beta for now, but it's functionality is not much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed if I had C4D files in the project, (even if they weren't in a comp) that projects would take longer to open than without.  It was getting to the point where I was looking for a new PC, when I spotted the file.  Removing it and suddenly everything was super fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never worked with C4D before so I don't think it could be there. But I will definitely remember that for the future. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I've updated to 18.4 load time for projects is even worse. I'm experiencing over 30 minutes to open up very very simple projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK! So after two days of trying to find why I can't open any of my projects I found the problem and fixed it! It turns out that a few weeks ago Chrome logged me out. This resulted in me having to log back into everything, including creative cloud. During this process a handful of my fonts were deactivated (I did not do this or know that it happened). When I opened my files it kept ask for the Poppins font. So I manually installed it on my computer....which apparently was the WRONG move. 

The reason I stumbled upon this was that I opened some other random projects that didn't have the font I usually use...and it opened up immediately. So I deleted the Poppins font in my font book and activated it in creative cloud....and IT WORKED! PHEW! What a journey!!!!!! I hope this helps someone down the road if you're having trouble opening and saving projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines